Here’s another 5 Thoughts on Gospel happenings!!
1. Billboard Top Gospel Albums– Seems to me that since the 2012 Stellar Awards Nominees were announced this chart has done a lot of shifting! Also some great albums have been released! William McDowell holds the #1 spot this week debuting with his release “Arise” (Light Records); Le’Andria Johnson takes another break and comes in #2. #3 goes to Isaac Carree up from #6 last week, #4 is held by Kirk Franklin – The Fearless Tour is helping this, I believe! Go Kirky-Kirk! #5 is Jessica Reedy-this is the lowest she’s been since her album came out, I’m thinking she’s moving back up next week. Honorable Mentions- Maurette Brown Clark debuts at #7 with “The Sound of Victory”, The Nevels Sisters- “It’s My Time”, greatest gainer, go from #40 to #10!!! WOW! And my girls, Trin-i-tee 5:7-Angel and Chanelle; went down to #30, then to #23 and now are resting at #25…I think a guest performance somewhere will help them pick up steam!
2. Kirk Franklin & Bishop Hezekiah Walker– These two fellas will be honored at this years 13th Annual BMI Trailblazers of Gospel Music Luncheon. The luncheon is invite only and the most sought out and attended event during Stellar Weekend in Nashville, TN. I’m still new to the BMI Luncheon and don’t know a whole lot about it (cause my invitation seems to always get lost!), but I hear that there are great performances, so maybe someone will think of us little folks and capture something on video for us! Congrats to both Kirk and Bishop Hezekiah Walker!
3. The Mary Mary Christmas Tour- Really my first thought is why, especially with Erica being preggers, almost 8 months at that! LOL, but these ladies are not slowing down their train for no one! The tour though is only going to a select few cities mainly on the west coast so it’s not too bad! They recently picked up the Soul Train Best Gospel Song Award. So shout out to Tina and Erica, keep on keeping on!
4. There’s news that a well know gospel couple are headed for divorce. Gerald Jones of dagospeltruth first spoke of this. He ain’t given details, but Lord I have my suspects and if it is true, I am truly sadden. #thatsall
5. What is with all of these Christmas Albums?!!!! Y’all are just gonna force me to start liking Christmas albums huh?! Now I can get down to some Christmas music during the holidays, and I’m excited to hear some of my favorite Gospel artist tackle some of these songs. I mean who better to do Christmas music, than a gospel artist?! Not checking for anyone in particular but I’ll keep my ears open!